RE: [Axiom-developer] Is anybody actually doing mathematics with Axiom?

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Is anybody actually doing mathematics with Axiom?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:48:59 -0400

On June 5, 2007 5:38 AM Alasdair McAndrew wrote:

> Admittedly I'm very new to the Axiom game, but in the few
> months I've been involved, the Axiom mail-lists have been
> almost exclusively concerned with meta-mathematics: emacs
> and TeXmacs, version control systems, and just recently sets
> versus topoi versus categories.

In the context of Axiom I do not think that category theory
is "meta-mathematics" but I would agree that for the most part
it is related to the development of new mathematics capabilities
of Axiom and not to their application.

> Not that these things aren't of fundamental importance, but
> does anybody actually use Axiom for mathematics: teaching,
> research, or even fun?  Is anybody out there adding further
> mathematical functionality to Axiom - numerical routines,
> difference equation solvers, discrete mathematics etc etc?

Here is one example of how I would like to have more "fun"
with Axiom, if ever I can find enough time:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxCategoricalRelativity

Regards,
Bill Page