RE: [Axiom-developer] merge branches/daly to trunk (was: NAG libraries)

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] merge branches/daly to trunk (was: NAG libraries)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Bill Page wrote:
>
> | But how will that help merging build-improvements and wh-sandbox
> | into trunk?
>
> I have no idea how that helps me.

It would be an opportunity to isolate the changes in the trees into
conceptual "chunks", so to speak - unless the svn history indicates
changes as lumps that aren't particularly centered around one idea.  I
am not familiar enough with the commit histories to know.

I would treat it as an opportunity to a) become familiar with all the
work being done in the various branches and b) isolate parts of the
work into conceptual bundles that map well to how GIT works.

The only reason to put it all into GIT would be to try and provide
everyone with an environment where their own development histories were
present, and thus make it easier to try GIT as a more standard tool for
development.  I suppose on reflection even that might not help much
though.

Cheers,
CY

 for the edge of your seat?