Re: [Axiom-developer] Back again.

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Back again.
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 22:55:06 -0400

Quoting Stephen Wilson:

I am compelled to rejoin and contribute once again.

That's great, Stephen! Your continued input will no doubt be invaluable.
... My intention is to begin converting Axiom's compiler and interpreter into Common Lisp. ... I realize that the goal of a Lisp translation runs contrary to many opinions on this list.

I although I have argued for increasing rather than decreasing the use
of intermediate bootstrap languages in the Axiom build system, I am
very glad that you are motivated to apply your convictions to Axiom. The Axiom project needs more developers - even if - or perhaps especially if - they are working is somewhat different directions.
My hope is that having more Boot code documented will be seen
as beneficial.

Most certainly! :-)

As for the Lisp rewrite, I would love to hear from anyone who shares
an interest in this direction.

I do share an interest in the results of this exercise although of
course I cannot offer any direct help.
Sincerely,