[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for e

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for emacs.
Date: 24 May 2007 20:39:28 +0200

Hello Martin,

I think I correct a little bug in axiom.el.

Try :

[M-x] emacs [return]
1+3 [return]
[backspace]

All but the first prompt allows [backspace] and the last space is destroy.

After this the axiom term is locked.

The problem is in write-protect-output,
which I understand as a write-protect-output-and-prompt.
So I propose the change bellow. What do you think about ?

Why the first output isn't green ?
It seems it's an output as others ?

;; As in write-protect-prompt, the last-character of the prompt
;; is rear-nonsticky in order to allow insertion after the last character.

(defun write-protect-output (str)
  (if (at-final-output-line)
      (let ((inhibit-read-only t))
        (beginning-of-line)
        (put-text-property comint-last-input-end (point) 'front-sticky t)
        (put-text-property comint-last-input-end (point) 'face 'axiom-output)
        (end-of-line)
        (put-text-property (- (point) 1) (point) 'rear-nonsticky t)
        (put-text-property comint-last-input-end (point) 'read-only t))
    nil))

Are you interessed by a submode which allow *.input file syntax
with few lines ? Are you working about it ?

Have a nice day !

François, who is happy to test and (try to) improve this axiom.el.