Re: [Axiom-developer] Should we update the AxiomSources page?

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Should we update the AxiomSources page?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:16:23 +0200

Cliff,

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomSources

that page seems out of date anyway. So why don't you just follow what is written at its bottom?

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/BeBold

Ralf

On 05/23/2007 06:05 AM, C Y wrote:
Tim, in the interests of simplicity can we reorganize the AxiomSources
page to highlight instructions for cvs/svn of Axiom Gold, git for Axiom
Silver, and svn for the axiom.build-improvements and wh-sandbox
branches?  Do any of the other branches contain work not already
incorporated into one or more of the above?  Are the arch branches now
present in Git?  If we're moving off of arch to Git, we might want to
make this page reflect that.

We can put the Darcs and Mercurial links under "alternative
distribution methods" or some such, but arch should probably go away
unless there is a compelling reason I'm not aware of to keep it.  Can
the differences in the arch branches be expressed as git branches (or
are they already so expressed in your system, if you've moved to Git?)

Cheers,
CY

(Incidently, is the 2005 tarball also the latest Gold release?  If not,
we should probably fix that...)