Re: [Axiom-developer] clisp and sbcl

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] clisp and sbcl
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:24:50 -0400

Cliff,

Just a quick note: I would strongly recommend that you do an
out-of-source build - especially if you are building multiple targets. E.g.
First make sure the download is clean:

  cd ~/mathtoplevel/axiomtoplevel/testwork
  svn co ... new-wh-sandbox

Then make a new directory for the sbcl build:

  mkdir sbcl-test
  cd sbcl-test
../new-wh-sandbox/configure ... make ...
And another new directory for the clisp build:

cd .. mkdir clisp-test
  cd clisp-test
../new-wh-sandbox/configure ... make

If these fail, then all you need to do to start fresh is:

  rm -rf *
../new-wh-sandbox/configure ...
At least that way you wont be stepping on the toes of the
deterious of a previous build. I am always suspicious about
how well 'make clean' might or might not work.
Quoting C Y <address@hidden>:

... I did a fresh checkout of wh-sandbox, and tried a build as follows:

address@hidden ~/mathtoplevel/axiomtoplevel/testwork/wh-sandbox $ svn update
At revision 563. address@hidden ~/mathtoplevel/axiomtoplevel/testwork/wh-sandbox $
./configure --disable-x --with-lisp=sbcl
[stuff]
address@hidden ~/mathtoplevel/axiomtoplevel/testwork/wh-sandbox $ make
[stuff]
..