Re: [Axiom-developer] Test of a WEB style

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Test of a WEB style
Date: 07 May 2007 12:14:35 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> If you know how to convert the pstricks stuff into .html ... Note, that I
> finally would like to have a graph with links. Everything that is not able to
> easily produce such links is out of the game.

I use xy by Kris Rose and Ross Moore and I am very happy with it.  There is no
problem at all with pdf or ps generation (including hyperlinks), that's the
reason why I dropped pstricks.  However, I must admit that the language used by
xy is a bit obscure.

Another thing: contrary to Ralf's opinion, I do think that there is a (minor)
problem with usepackages.  The most important thing to me is the HyperDoc idea,
thus it is very likely wise to use only certain packages within the
addescription environment.  (Of course, one could usepackage the appropriate
when generating the latex source from the addescription chunk, but I guess that
this will be a little painful.)  On the other hand, I do believe that we should
give the documentation authors as much freedom as possible, thus it's probably
worth going through a bit of pain.

Martin