[Axiom-developer] Re: building wh-sandbox on Windows

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: building wh-sandbox on Windows
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:25:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

> Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> > > Ansi Lisp has no concept of current directory,
> >
> > check default-pathname-defaults.
> >

> I know about it:
>
> 1) content of *default-pathname-defaults* is implementation dependent

So what?

> 2) on some implementations *default-pathname-defaults* is a relative
>    path

only if set to relative path.
But, again I don't see why that is a problem.

Having read this thread many times, it appears to me that the

First, I think people should state clearly and unambigously what
is the problem they are trying to solve.

Second, people should state very clearly what is the problem they
are trying to avoid with relative paths.

> 3) on Poplog clisp:
>
> == *default-pathname-defaults*
> #P"temp.lsp"
>
> which if you use merge-patnames nicely defaults name to "temp" and
> type to "lsp".

Yes.  As expected.  What is the real problem?