Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [508] branch

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [508] branches/wh-sandbox
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:20:28 +0200 (CEST)

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> | Revision: 508
> |           http://svn.sourceforge.net/axiom/?rev=508&view=rev
> | Author:   whebisch
> | Date:     2007-04-18 13:25:00 -0700 (Wed, 18 Apr 2007)
> |
> | Log Message:
> | -----------
> | Eradicate ENV.
>
> ENV disappeared from Axiom.build-improvements long time ago.
> I'm glad to see that is populating down.  I wish the propagation to
> wh-sandbox is properly labelled to facilitate review when it comes to
> merging.

One remark: I dislike both ENV and AX_FLAGS (to say the truth I dislike
AX_FLAGS more than ENV).  So, the change to wh-sandbox is _not_ a
mechanical merge from build-improvements -- wh-sandbox moves remaininig
part of ENV (most could be dropped after other changes) to 'var-def.mk'.
This causes some breakage (the NOISE variable does not work as originally
intended) which ATM I consider tolerable (and I intend to fix when
re-working NOISE).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden