Re: [Axiom-developer] htlatex and links

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] htlatex and links
Date: 23 Apr 2007 10:38:00 +0200

Dear all,

I have now nearly everything working -- that is, in a very basic sense --
except I have one tiny problem:

I wanted to use things like

stretch`(_$,ACMachineInteger)->_$`dCycleIndexSeries.html

as filenames, but that turned out to be problematic.

Does somebody know an easy way to transform a given string bijectively into a
-- preferably short! -- string that can be used as a filename.  Of course, it
should also work well on windows.

I was thinking of creating an md5 checksum and use that, but it appears
suboptimal to me, since it is not really bijective and looks too complicated.

Martin