[Axiom-developer] Re: Please join!

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Please join!
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:13:40 +0200 (CEST)

Martin Rubey wrote:
> "Alfredo Portes" <address@hidden> writes:
> > I know you wanted to test this on Windows also. I do not know if you
> > got to test it.
>
> No, I do not have a Windows box.
>
> > This is what I get when doing the last step:
> >
> > (1) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)
> >       package HyperDoc
> >       package OperationsQuery
> >
> >    >> System error:
> >    GREP is invalid as a function.
> >
> > protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
>
> Oh dear.  Bill, PLEASE help!  Does GREP refer to the unix grep, maybe?

Greping sources for GREP indicates that it is indeed undefined.  The
call is in br-search.boot.pamphlet in function grepFile.  Unix version
calls grep, but apparently Alfredo has $standard set to nil, which
means that Axiom is trying to use Windows Saturn interface (and part
of it is removed).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden