[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Please join! Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: Please join! Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom HyperDoc Replacement
Date: 22 Apr 2007 07:48:00 +0200
User-agent: Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.4

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> looks as if you have achieved quite a lot. Congratulations.


> > * A LaTeX header file that provides commands supported by HyperTeX, like 
> > \spad,
> >   \spadfun, etc.  For example, \spadfun should transform its argument into 
> > the link
> >   http:\\localhost:8080\?argument
> \def\spadfun#1{\href{http://localhost:8080/?#1}

Oh, you even corrected the slashes...

> However, that is not going to work if LaTeX special characters are involved.

Yes.  Wouldn't it be possible to do something similar to \verb does?

> > * same thing for ALLPROSE style documentation.
> That is easier. See attachment for a first demo.

it seems that wrapper.tex is missing.

> However, for full generality, you must be able to ask Axiom not only for the
> name of the function, but also its signature and the type where it is
> defined. The wrapper could be the same for any function/type, but as you see
> in there are two definitions that I have added at the top (by hand)
> that do *not* appear in the +++ environment of the corresponding .as.nw
> file. In ALLPROSE this information is generated from the accompanying code
> chunk. Now that you use Axiom, you should get that information from somewhere
> else.

The reason why I embarked on all this is that I noticed that libdb.text
contains all the necessary information!  In particular,

\addefinename{copy!:(%, %)-> %}

contain just the information contained in the first two fields of the libdb
entry, and it can be retrieved using dbPart$Lisp.

Although it may be stupid from a "do it right" perspective, we can accomplish
something usable easily if we reuse libdb.text (or the databases, that's
roughly the same thing), generate the html and cache it.  This way we do not
need to touch the libdb and database generation at all.

By the way caching, I forgot one ToDo which is quite straightforward:

* remove unused files (like log files) after html generation.

> > I hope that some of you not occupied with more important things -- like
> > working on build improvements, waldek sandbox, trunk, or multisort species
> > :-) -- chime in,
> I could probably only help you partially, the difficult part (taking the full
> signature into account and deal with LaTeX special characters) is still open.

You fall into the "occupied with more important things" category anyway. :-)
(just kidding, don't take this serious)


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]