Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Request for wh-sandbox and build-improvements

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Request for wh-sandbox and build-improvements
Date: 13 Apr 2007 11:26:52 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> | Haven't we reached concensus yet?
>
> I don't really know.  You seem to be arguing all aspects.

Hm, I believe I voted for:

1) modify the axiom script to transform

     axiom --document=foo bar etc

   into a call

     document --foo=bar etc

   furthermore

     axiom --document=foo bar

   into a call

     document --foo bar

   and finally

     axiom --document bar

   into

     document bar

2) and install *.spad.pamphlet instead of *.spad into
   target/i686-pc-linux/src/algebra/

   That this didn't happen in the first place is *really* strange in my
   opinion.

3) apart of that, install the SPADEDIT script into target/i686-pc-linux/lib/

   I'll have to modify it a tiny little bit if you agree on (2).  In
   particular, it may make sense to make it obey an environment variable, say,
   AXIOMEDITOR, that contains the name of an editor to be called with two
   arguments, namely line-number and filename.

   However, I believe that any script is better than no script, because many
   people will not have write access to the target/i686-pc-linux/lib/
   directory, so they cannot use the HyperDoc functionality.

Well, I do not insist on (3). But (1) and (2) would be important to me.

Martin