RE: [Axiom-developer] noweb and SVN

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] noweb and SVN
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:33:54 -0400

On March 21, 2007 1:39 PM Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> We have the same problem with few critical build files,
> notably with Makefile.in.

Yes, I confirm that sometimes this is problem. Sometimes
I have to 'touch' the Makefiles.

> I think the the most natural solution for this problem is to
> require already installed external noweb.

I agree. In fact I think it would be best to also require
external gcl. We can do what is necessary to warn and advise
the user what to do when noweb or gcl are not found and we
can supply a non-trunk copy of these in the Axiom repository.

Regards,
Bill Page