RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / pape

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / paper
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:36:36 -0400

Alfredo,

On March 19, 2007 11:36 PM Alfredo Portes wrote:
> It has been suggested that
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomBinaries needs
> to be improved. I suggest using the content of this page:
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxDoyen instead. This
> page of course is only a little organization of the current
> content. More work needs to be done on it.

I agree that your new version is much better than the old one.
Please go ahead and update the AxiomBinaries page. If you have
more ideas on how to make it better, feel free to change it
however you think is best. Be Bold. :-)

> I volunteer to create binaries if a release schedule is decided.

Great!

I have no idea when/if Tim will be able to release a new "Gold"
version of Axiom. In the mean time, I think wh-sandbox is
currently our best candidate for a new Axiom "Silver" version.
It contains many important fixes to hyperdoc and some very
significant improvements in the Axiom math library including
Martin's guess package.

I would like to proposed to Gaby and Waldek that we go ahead
and establish wh-sandbox as the new trunk in svn at Sourceforge
as soon as possible. When that is done, I think it would be
appropriate to prepare up to date "Silver" binaries for as
wide a range of hardware/operating systems as possible. I think
that where it is possible, we should also include Aldor in these
binaries.