Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / pape

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Guessing package, was: Re: your program / paper
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:36:10 -0400

Hi Bill,

tonight I tried to install Axiom on our new linux machine.
so that I could start trying out your program!

unfortunately I did not get very far

I started at the top, and first downloaded

axiom-20050901-3.i386.rpm

There were no instructions about what to do next!

So I guessed that

It has been suggested that http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomBinaries needs
to be improved. I suggest using the content of this page:
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxDoyen instead. This page of
course is only a little organization of the current content. More work
needs to be done on it. I volunteer to create binaries if a release
schedule is decided.

Regards,

Alfredo