Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem compiling wh-sandbox

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem compiling wh-sandbox
Date: 27 Feb 2007 16:51:30 -0600

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

| Martin,
|
| I hit the same thing and worked around it by copying the gcl tree over
| from build-improvements.
|
| Cheers,
| CY
|
| Martin Rubey wrote:
| > Dear Waldek,
| > It seems I've got a problem compiling version 441 of wh-sandbox.
| > * gcl is not insatlled on my machine
| > * configure doesn't seem to do anything unusual
| > * make seems to get into an infinite loop starting with
| > if test "." != "."; then \
| >    cp -r ./gcl .; \
| > fi; cd gcl; \
| > ./configure --prefix=/local/scratch/wh-sandbox/build/i686-pc-linux
--enable-statsysbfd --disable-dynsysbfd --enable-vssize=65536*2
--enable-maxpage=256*1024 --disable-tkconfig --disable-x --disable-xgcl && \
| >         make && make install
| > /bin/sh: line 0: cd: gcl: No such file or directory

I believe Waldek said you must have GCL installed if you want to use
wh-sandbox.  If that recollection is accurate, then I think he might
want to enforce that at configuration time,