Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [437] branch

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-commit] SF.net SVN: axiom: [437] branches/wh-sandbox
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:40:11 +0100 (CET)

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | Modified: branches/wh-sandbox/ChangeLog.wh
> | ===================================================================
> | --- branches/wh-sandbox/ChangeLog.wh        2007-02-16 10:31:28 UTC (rev
> 436)
> | +++ branches/wh-sandbox/ChangeLog.wh        2007-02-16 21:41:44 UTC (rev
> 437)
> | @@ -1,3 +1,22 @@
> | +2007-02-16  Waldek Hebisch  <address@hidden>
> | +
> | +   Build depsys using Shoe.
> | +   * src/interp/Makefile.pamphlet: Use bootsys to translate
> | +   depsys boot files.  Do not include c-util in depsys.
> | +   * src/interp/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
> | +   * src/interp/c-util.boot.pamphlet: Remove bootstrap Lisp.
<snip>
> Interesting.  I had similar (and more) patches like that in my local
> tree as of 2006-12-26.  I never committed it because there was a small
> catch -- which I can't explain right now because I don't have all the
> elements handy :-(  Good to see someone is catching on :-)

The patch is more tricky than it looks like: greping for suspected
keywords give tons of false positives and in first shot I missed few
places (and I dicovered that a few more bad keywords).  And I still
use depsys for to translate c-util (trying to use bootsys gives me
some misterious errors).

I have checked that resulting Lisp (output from depsys and interpsys)
is identical (modulo gensymed names) so the patch works reasonably,
but there is still risk of bugs in rarely used code.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden