Re: [Axiom-developer] gold/src/hyper/search.pamphlet

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] gold/src/hyper/search.pamphlet
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:32:22 +0100 (CET)

root wrote:
> quite curious that this code never worked and nobody noticed.

Nothing strange.  Axiom contains a lot of unfinished code (or even
pure junk) and this is one more such piece.  I would not say that
nobody noticed -- my experience tells me that most users do not
bother reporting bugs.  Typical reaction is "X is junk" or "if I do
this in a such way then X works" (where "X" is a program).  Only
rare folks report bugs but it is easy to discourage them. In particular
you lose reporters when there is no reaction to bug reports or if bug
are not fixed for long time.  I must say that IssueTracker paints
a very bad picture of Axiom: numerous old unfixed bugs, many without
any usefull comment.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden