Re: [Axiom-developer] AxiomBinaries

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] AxiomBinaries
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:29:44 +0100 (CET)

> I wonder if the content of
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxDoyen is good enough to
> substitute http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomBinaries after you
> created the table similar to what Tim proposed. Maybe also keep the
> current AxiomBinaries as AxiomBinariesOld for the user comments it
> contains.

Some comments:

1) The table looks really bad in Lynx (all tables look bad in Lynx,
but this one is worse then average).

2) The page seen to equate "Linux" with "i386 Linux".  I think we
should make clear an which architecture given tarball works. Significant
fraction of Linux users are on 64-bit systems and may prefer 64-bit
binaries.  Also, it seems that Debian (and only Debian) has binaries for
architectures different than i386 and amd64, but the page completly
missess such information.

3) The page mention setting multiple enviroment variables.  IMHO such
settings should be part of wrapper script (automatically updated at
installation time).  Of course, this is really fault of given tarball...

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden