Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements version control on MacOS

From: Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements version control on MacOS
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:47:23 -0400

Bill Page wrote:

I did not complete my testing of a new MSYS/MinGW configuration
because I got bitten by another repository bug. I still can not
use svn (TortioseSVN) on Windows because the SourceForge site dies
with the well known read error and irrevocably locks the repository.
And I can not obtain build-improvements from Google Code because we
long ago exceeded the maximum allowed capacity of that site and it
is no longer being updated. So I opted for darcs only to discover
that at patch 150 the 'get' it dies because it says it cannot apply
the rename of SEGBIND.ps. And I haven't figured out how to stop
darcs from applying this patch. This is a new failure sense it used
to work *before* we decided to normalize the duplicate file names
to lower case. I wonder whether 'darcs get' of build-improvements
still works on MAC OSX?

I haven't checked darcs today but I checked out a copy of build-improvements today with svk on MacOS X 10.4.

svk sync mirrors the whole svn repository, but it's files are named after the revision numbers. I guess it will work if you don't try to check out a version with the name conflicts.

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist