[Axiom-developer] Aldor extend usable in Axiom???

From: Ralf
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Aldor extend usable in Axiom???
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:21:58 +0100

Hello,

I am quite a bit frustrated.

It is clearly not a problem (up to something I have not yet looked into) to extend existing Axiom domains from libaxiom.al via some .as files. The question now is: How do I use them?

Try

#include "axiom"
extend Integer: with {foo: % ->%} == add {foo(x:%):%==x}

compilation with )compile is no problem, but when I then type

1

I run into a foam error.

Does somebody know how to make "extend"s work in Axiom? Note, I don't need the SPAD compiler to deal with "extend" since the Aldor compiler is taking care of it. I just want to know a method to let the Axiom interpreter know that it now should use the extended Integers and not the one from LibAxiom.

Any chance that there is a quick solution?

Thank you in advance
Ralf

PS: If that is too imprecise, I could detail, but at the moment I work under Linux and only get a dialup connection with Windows, so it is a pain to switch all the time. :-(