[Axiom-developer] NNI to SingleInteger

From: Ralf
Subject: [Axiom-developer] NNI to SingleInteger
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:20:29 +0100

Hello,

does somebody know the proper method/function to convert between

NNI, PI, SingleInteger, Integer

Complete conversion graph would be interesting.
Note that I am *not* interested in interpreter stuff. I want to know the explicit functions that I have to call in a .as file, i.e. the functions should live inside libaxiom.al. If possible I want to avoid the use of "pretend".

Yesterday, I have tried

coerce: % -> PrimitiveArray S;

from Tuple(S), but the Aldor compiler doesn't seem to know that this coercion exists. Any hints?

Furthermore, Tuple in Axiom has the function "select" for accessing the n-th element of the tuple. Unfortunately, "select" is a reserved keyword in Aldor. What should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Ralf