Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom twice

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom twice
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 07:05:48 -0500

> So, I believe we are now back to the question:  If AXIOMsys must be a
> copy of interpsys, why do we have both?

there should be a difference between obj/sys/interpsys and
mnt/bin/AXIOMsys. the difference is that interpsys is a build
image and AXIOMsys is a user image.

the fact that they are the same is due to time pressure.

i did not have time to polish the details like database
timestamps and the difference between interpsys and AXIOMsys.
there are still portions of the system that do not work
at all such as graphics on windows that need more attention.
it is hardly a surprise that "what is" and "what should be"
differ in the details. worse yet, there are small portions
of the system with insufficient documentation :-)

time, time, time.