[Axiom-developer] Debugging Boot

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Debugging Boot
Date: 23 Nov 2006 09:14:52 +0100

Dear all,

as you may have noticed, I discovered yet another bug (at least I think it's a
bug) in the output routines:

width((x**2)::OUTFORM) returns 5 instead of 2, and width((1/2)::OUTFORM)
returns (I think) also 5 instead of 1.

So I tried to debug the relevant code, which start at putWidth in
i-output.boot.

However, although I can say, for example

(1) -> putWidth((x**2)::OUTFORM)$Lisp

                                                            Type: SExpression

I don't know how to call putWidth from within boot, i.e., after saying )fin.

I.e., how can I access, say, an Axiom variable from boot? I'd like to say
p := (x**2)::OUTFORM

)fin

putWidth(p)
or so.