Re: [Axiom-developer] Testing build-improvements

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Testing build-improvements
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:40:37 +0100 (CET)

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> This patchlet works for me.  Could you test it?
>
> *** document.in (revision 15247)
> --- document.in (local)
> *************** while test $# -gt 0 ; do
> *** 129,136 ****
>
>         --tangle)
>            do_tangle=yes
> !          if test -n $arg; then
> !              chunk=$arg
>            fi
>            # --tangle may not be combined with any other
>            # options.  FIXME:  Check that.
> --- 129,136 ----
>
>         --tangle)
>            do_tangle=yes
> !          if test -n "$arg"; then
> !              chunk=`echo -n $arg`
>            fi
>            # --tangle may not be combined with any other
>            # options.  FIXME:  Check that.

Works for me.  But I still do not understand this:

       chunk=`echo -n $arg`

thing (despite later messages).  Using bash I can just put

       chunk=$arg

and it works (the problem was on test line).  Zsh manual claims
that word splitting is not done on assignment (and I think
same is true for bash).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden