Re: [Axiom-developer] ENV

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] ENV
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:44:37 +0100 (CET)

> The use of ENV in the Makefiles conflicts with established practice
> with shells (that are POSIXilly correct).

I am not sure what you mean: in the main Makefile ENV is make variable
which expands to shell syntax:

VAR1=val1 VAR2=val2 ... command

Do you mean that this syntax is illegal?

In subdirectories make variable ENV is unset, so its expansion is
empty.  Current usage may (I am not sure if it does) add some whitespace
at the beggining of shell command -- I think that leading whitespace
is legal.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden