Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: 09 Nov 2006 00:37:02 +0100

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| There is only *one* dvi file that will be produced and *not* one for
| every .nw file.

Ah, but that is a fundamental distinction between the respective
states of Axiom and your peoject.

| So "xdvi axiom.sty.pamphlet.dvi" is absolutely no argument.

Unfortunately, for Axiom, that is going to be an argument for the
short and mi-term.

[...]

| The top-level project file is called myalps.tex.nw. Applying my rules
| gives myalps.tex and myalps.tex.nw.tex. The first one is just a
| wrapper that in shortended form looks like
|
| \documentclass{article}
| \usepackage{allprose}
| \begin{document}
| \author{Ralf Hemmecke}
|    \title{\xProject{} \LIBRARYVERSION}}
|    \maketitle
|    \begin{abstract}
|    \end{abstract}
| \hypertarget{sec:Contents}{}\tableofcontents
| \input{\projectname.tex.nw}
| \end{document}

Aha! thanks for going through the details.
Now that you've explained the magic, I think I give a higher rank to
axiom-sty.pamphlet :-)

[...]

| It would better to describe the interpreter as a whole rather than
| producing a .dvi file for each of the 187 files in src/interp.

That is absolutely true; but I'm not sure that is solved by
systematically appending .tex.

| Tim's approach (if I understood that correctly) is to make *one* huge
| .pamphlet file.
| My approach is to have as many pamphlet file as you like but produce
| *one* human readable document from all of them to describe a _unit_
| (i.e. the interpreter).

Yes.