RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 19:55:19 -0500

On Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:32 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> I agree that LP suggests to think in terms of logical units for
> humans, but on the other hand I am still a bit old-fashioned
> (and maybe also human), since I would have hard times to look
> in the file system for the place of a particular file (which is
> hidden in a .pamphlet file with another name). In that sense
> pamphlet files would not fit me as a human.
> Maybe I should change ... ;-)

:-) That is definitely not "new think". There are many places
in the Axiom source where you already must do this, e.g. the
src/algebra/*.spad.pamphlet files.

Anyway, I think that if you are reading the .dvi file you will
already know the names of the generated files. If you are a
developer working directly with the generated files then I
think you would know enough to check the Makefile to see how
this file is generated. But it might well be convenient if there
was a nice wrapper for

  grep '<<whatever.h>>=' *.pamphlet

along the lines of what Martin Rubey wrote for the
*.spad.pamphlet files.