Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:07:58 +0100

On 11/07/2006 10:45 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| I oppose against special treatment of .sty files.
| | The general rule should be | | notangle file.ext.pamphlet > file.ext
| noweave  file.ext.pamphlet > file.ext.pamphlet.tex
| | remove ".pamphlet" and add ".tex".

Ralf,

   remove ".pamphlet" and add ".tex".

translates to
noweave file.ext.pamphlet > file.ext.tex

not
noweave file.ext.pamphlet > file.ext.pamphlet.tex

I believe that is what we currently do:

    if test x$do_weave = xyes; then
        file=`basename $1 .pamphlet`
        $weave -delay $1 > $file.tex
        if test x$do_latex != xyes; then
            exit 0;
        fi
    fi

-- gaby

Right.

And I _suggested_ to change the current rule. That would avoid the problem with .sty files without renaming them.

Whether we have file.ext.tex or file.ext.pamphlet.tex does not matter from the point of view of filenames, since there are (at least) two dots already. And both are generated anyway.

But my naming scheme makes it simpler to allow srcltx.sty to work. That would allow 'inverse search' (i.e. click in the .dvi file and jump directly to the corresponding line in the corresponding file in the editor of your choice.

We don't have that yet in Axiom that one .dvi file consists of several pamphlets, but I am sure that will come.

Something like below would go to axiom.sty.pamphlet.
\SOURCEROOT is only there to allow relative or absolute path in the .dvi file.

<<srcltx patch>>=
% For our purpose it is better to keep it in a similar form to that in
% version 1.4 of srcltx.
address@hidden
address@hidden@@@input#1#2{%
  address@hidden@address@hidden@empty\SOURCEROOT\else\SOURCEROOT/\fi#2}%
    %--rhx: NO '.tex' extension in the line above.
  address@hidden
  address@hidden@address@hidden
}
@

<<package srcltx>>=
<<srcltx patch>>
\IfFileExists{srcltx.sty}%
{\usepackage{srcltx}[2004/05/15 v1.4]\let\src@@@address@hidden@@@input}%
  {\typeout{ALLPROSE warning: Cannot find srcltx.sty.}}
@