Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:39:59 +0100

On 11/03/2006 05:22 PM, Bill Page wrote:
On November 3, 2006 10:49 AM Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| On 11/03/2006 12:23 PM, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
| > Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| >> This clarifiers the terminology for me.
| | Not for me. | | Bill seemed to conflict himself when he said that
| a)
| | > In any case, please keep in mind that we had previously | > agreed that all patches to silver would be sent by email
|  > to Tim Daly and that he would be responsible for review
|  > and applying these changes to axiom--silver--1. That is
|  > the route by which patches are supposed to the new
|  > svn /silver "trunk".
| | and | | b)
|  > SVN /trunk was created to be Silver from which the
|  > experimental branches would be branched.
|  >
|  > > > axiom--silver--1 was created to be a pre-gold version of
|  > > > the system with "early release" of changes so they can be
|  > > > tested.
|  >
|  > No. axiom--silver--1 was created to be a mirror of SVN /trunk
|  > (now called SVN /silver) so that you would not have to deal
|  > with the problems of using SVN.

What is the conflict?

The conflict is that the master-silver is axiom--silver--1 in a) and SF/trunk in b). At least that is my understanding of that words. But I am not a native speaker, so forgive me if I am wrong.

| | > 1) Should any new patch be applied to /trunk ?

Obviously no since Tim is actively involved in trying to
update his axiom--silver--1 so that it includes all changes
in /trunk and then there after all new changes would be
done by him.

OK. Then you also say that axiom--silver--1 is the master.

Come on guys, what are you confused about??? :-(

Thank you, Bill. I appreciate all your work. I was just a bit puzzled.

So svn /silver is the new Axiom Silver master on SourceForge.

... and should be condidered as read-only except for Bill's Tailor-program.

Ralf