RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:29:27 -0500

On Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:59 PM Raymond Manzoni wrote:
>       Thank you for the binary! (I am on OS X 10.4.8)
>       Unfortunately I got :
>
> $ AXIOMsys
> dyld: Library not loaded: /home/users/b/bi/billpage/osx/lib/libintl.
> 8.dylib
>    Referenced from: /Users/raym/Desktop/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/bin/
> AXIOMsys
>    Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>
>       So some remaining path problems I fear...

Hmmm... Yes I do have a path set to point at a library that is
compiled as part of gettext:

  $ echo $LIBRARY_PATH
  /home/users/b/bi/billpage/osx/lib:/usr/lib:

I set this originally because I had some problems compiling
GCL with built-in gettext support. But perhaps this is not
necessary. I will try a build of GCL and Axiom without this
set.

If you do have libintl somewhere on you system, perhaps you
can try setting

export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/where-ever-it-is

I am surprised to see the AXIOMsys binary include a full
path name to this external library! Must be something pretty
weird about these .dylib files. ;)

>       Ready to give it a new try or, better,  to compile the
> gcl/axiom  source code if it's available somewhere.
>       (tomorrow since it's late here...).

Ok, tommorrow.

Thanks for checking in to this!