Re: [Axiom-developer] Fedora Core 6

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Fedora Core 6
Date: 31 Oct 2006 05:07:50 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

| Fedora Core 6 builds and runs Axiom successfully if you set the
| AXIOM variable with a trailing 'fedora5' thus:
|
| cd axiom
| export AXIOM=`pwd`/mnt/fedora5
| export PATH=$AXIOM/bin:$PATH
| make
|

| I'll update the configure script to detect this platform.

Tim --

  It is probably OK to "share" make rules that way, but; it is highly
misleading to name builds after platform names you currently do.  That
accounts for confusion.   Furthermore, I would urge you to stop using
${XLIB}/Xpm.a as I explained previously.  Many of the working stanzas
have been artificially cloned for no logically coherent reasons.