Re: [Axiom-commit] [Axiom-developer] $erase (Re: SF.net SVN: axiom: [209

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-commit] [Axiom-developer] $erase (Re: SF.net SVN: axiom: [209] trunk3)
Date: 28 Oct 2006 20:20:54 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| You're using code which is not Gold.

I suspect he's aware of that.

| The silver code, from any source, has NOT been tested.
| I resisted making these changes public for a long time,
| keeping them local until I ran tests and released them.
|
| It was argued that the silver patches should be public
| and I followed the consensus, putting up axiom--silver--1

And that is a good thing.  And, you get testing for free :-)

The amazing thing about making codes public as quick as possible is
that there are people out there with "spare eyes" that can uncover
mistakes very quickly.  That is reason why we're insisting you make
your "to-be-gold" public is as soon as possible.

Personally, I'm glad that people here report how I break their codes,
so I can fix them.