[Axiom-developer] paths to viewport in build-improvements

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] paths to viewport in build-improvements
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:55:31 +0200 (CEST)

I looked at hypertex pages and AFAICS I can use a simple sed script
in a loop to fix paths in .pht files:

sed 's,/doc/viewports/,/share/viewports/,g'

After copying images from silver (to correct corruption which I described
in anothe mail) and applying this script I was able to see graphic
examples in build-imporvements.

However, I am not sure if the new path that is '$AXIOM/share/viewports'
is a good one. Namely, both viewports are machine independent. OTOH
$AXIOM points to a machine dependent directory. So using
'$AXIOM/share/viewports' does not allow sharing (without symlink trickery)
of machine independent binaries.  Comments in the source state that NAG
version used '$AXIOM/../../share/viewports' which allow easy sharing.
If we agree that last part of '$AXIOM' corresponds to architecture specific
subdirectory, then also '$AXIOM/../share/viewports' would allow sharing.

The same issue of sharing affect hypertex pages: currently they use
'$AXIOM/share/hypertex/pages', which conflicts with sharing, while
'$AXIOM/../share/hypertex/pages' would allow it.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden