Re: [Axiom-developer] postprop.lisp

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] postprop.lisp
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 04:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

> Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:
>

> | > Tim --
> | >
> | >   The source file postprop.lisp is compiled into depsys, but loaded
> | > in interpreted form in AXIOMsys.  What is the reason for that?
> | >

> | AFAIK postprop.lisp is unused -- IMHO it should be removed.
>
> It is compiled into depsys -- which is used to compile "old" Boot.
> >From what I can see from the source file, it is used to map tokens to
> functions that parse corresponding grammar production (i.e. to support
> the zipper parser).

Well, beauty of Lisp: the same things are defined in 'property.lisp'
(except for |special| property, which is unused). You are probably
right that depsys picks definitions from 'postprop.lisp'.  In my
experiments (IIRC using AXIOMsys) changing 'postprop.lisp' did not
work (had no effect), but changing 'property.lisp' worked.  Also data
in 'property.lisp' is slightly different, but for me it looks better
than what is in 'postprop.lisp'.  And bootstrap with 'postprop.lisp'
removed worked fine.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden