RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:43:39 -0400

Ralf,

Thanks for taking this issue to a proper conclusion. :-)

On October 21, 2006 4:24 PM you wrote:
> OK let's do the same thing with the patch.
>
> $AXIOM/bin/lib/noweave -delay Rosetta.pamphlet > Rosetta1.tex
>
> That leads to the line
>
> \Axiom       & set [1, 2] & [1, 2]    & matrix({\tt{}1,\ 2],[3,\ 4})
>          \\
>
> and you certainly agree that the original definition of \tt does not
> produce [[ in the output.
>
> latex Rosetta.tex
>
> succeeds but the output is simply wrong. The patch is a misfeature!!!

Yes, now I do agree. I think the patched noweb should be eliminated.

> > Everything with extension .pamphlet should be processed by noweave
> > before calling latex.
>
> I completely agree. Doing otherwise just causes confusion.

So how do we escape these [[...]] things so that noweb doesn't touch
them? Is it the same as escaping << ... >> ? I don't think Norman
Ramsey's filter will handle this case since it only affects how
undefined chunk names are treated.