Re: [Axiom-developer] database fixes

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] database fixes
Date: 17 Oct 2006 07:17:19 +0200

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

| On Monday, October 16, 2006 8:47 PM Waldek Hebisch wrote:
| > 1) ATM I can not add much value to what is already there --
| >    I can read the code but the classic rule of documentation is
| >    "documentation should not repeat the code"...
|
| Actually this classic rule of documentation is *not* appropriate
| to literate programming.

I agree that documentation should not repeat the code, but I was not
expecting Waldek to repeat the code.  Rather, I was expecting him to
explain *why* he is making the change, not *what* the code is doing.

More generally, I've found that much of the Axiom documentation says
_what_ the code is doing, by *why* it is doing it.

I believe Waldek proposed changes should contain *why*, not _what_.