Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and more-rules.mk

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and more-rules.mk
Date: 16 Oct 2006 08:57:52 +0200

Dear Waldek, Tim, Cliff,

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> > > I agree that algebra bootstrap should be revisited.  But IMHO the
> > > main work to do is outside Makefiles: I think that algebra should
> > > build just from spad files using Spad compiler and almost empty
> > > databases.
> >
> > Agree, but that's more than just the main work - it's a massive
> > undertaking.
> >

> I think it is easier then you think.

I agree. The only thing one has to do is to rebuild the databases after each
layer. In fact, I did this manually to build an Axiom with my Guessing
Package...

I said

make DAASE=../../int

after each layer. (It's a pain, but it works.)

Tim, you wrote the Makefile, do you know how to automate this?

Martin