Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex
Date: 14 Oct 2006 02:36:17 +0200

Vanuxem Grégory <address@hidden> writes:

| Le samedi 14 octobre 2006 à 00:32 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis a écrit :
| > Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

| > |
| > | Probably no: when I tried build-improvements with gcl-2.6.7 the problem
| > | went away.
| >
| > Interesting.
| >
| > We have a case to investigate.  I seem to remember, but I'm not sure,
| > that the socket interface may have changed from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8pre.
|
| First, do you have installed (make install) Axiom ?

yes -- I always use axiom.build-improvements that way :-)

| If no (or may be
| yes, I have never tested), there are two files named util.ht in the
| sources, Tim is working on them, try the twos (try the other one i.e.
| copy it to /mnt/something*, the diff and find programs will help you).
| Personally I don't remember which I use but not the "regular one" since
| I do not install Axiom. If this mail is unrelated to your issue after
| these tests or if you do not understand it, forget this mail and sorry
| for the inconvenience.
|
| So with my version of Gold (the last)
| "
|
| BOOT>si::*gcl-extra-version*
|
| 8
|
| ~> it's gcl-2.6.8
|
| The output of « "NAG link" and then on "Browser pages for individual
| routines" » is
|
| There is no constructor matching pattern  "Nag*"

I can reproduce that behaviour with the build-improvement branch (I'm
using system-installed GCL-2.6.7).  This is on i686-suse-linux.
It would seem like that is not windows-specific issue then.

| I have this output with Axiom Version: Axiom 3.0 Beta (February 2005)
| too. It comes from a "Debian stable" package (with a little modification
| (see the end of http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomBinaries)). Camm
| can you look at this issue (forget the wiki bug), I did not report this
| as a bug on the BTS, it seems to me that I'm alone. I can report it if
| you can reproduce it.
|

| Greg
|
| PS : I'm really tired it's 2:18 in France, if this is not understandable
| ask me I will try to elaborate tomorrow.

I can understand what it is like.  When I was in France [and young :-)]
I tend to work very late, almost in the central timezone.  Now that
I'm in central timezone, I feel like I work in western Europe
timezone, except when I don't because of daytime job :-)