[Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Broken hypertex
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:50:32 +0200 (CEST)

Playing with build-improvements I have noticed that hypertex is broken:
clicking on "NAG link" and then on "Browser pages for individual routines"
freezes hypertex windows and gives the following error message at
Axiom command line:

   >> System error:
   Unexpected end of #<string-input stream from "                ...">.

I have tracked down the error to src/interp/server.boot.pamphlet.  In
the function serverReadLine we have:

    action = $LispCommand =>
      $NeedToSignalSessionManager := true
      stringBuf := MAKE_-STRING $sockBufferLength
      sockGetString($MenuServer, stringBuf, $sockBufferLength)
      form := unescapeStringsInForm READ_-FROM_-STRING stringBuf
      protectedEVAL form

After return from sockGetString content of stringBuf is all spaces,
and READ-FROM-STRING can not find anything to read and signals error.

I have put diagnostic printout in the function get_string_buf (in
src/lib/sockio-c.c.pamphlet) and from that I see that get_string_buf
is called and gets correct data.  So the problem seem to be in
gcl foreign function interface.

I have seen this behaviour on two different machines, one 32-bit Athlon,
another 64-bit Athlon, both using gcl bundled with Axiom.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden