RE: [Axiom-developer] boottocl

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] boottocl
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 22:18:11 -0400

On September 30, 2006 9:29 PM Gabriel Dos Reis asked:

> there exist two implementations of boottran::boottocl:
>   1. one in interp/util.lisp,
>   2. and on in boot/ptyout.boot.
>
> Which one is the real boottocl compiled into the Boot
> translator?

As Jurgen Weiss has pointed out, bootsys is technically
superfluous. The boot translator is include in interp as part
of SPAD. And Axiom can be bootstrapped directly from the
version of boot in interp. (This is the method that he used
for the CMUCL version of Axiom.)

So I guess which one is "real" depends on your point of view.