[Axiom-developer] RE: Building Axiom on axiom-developer.org

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Building Axiom on axiom-developer.org
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:11:21 -0400

Kai,

On September 15, 2006 4:56 AM you wrote:

> the build of Gold (--patch-50) fails for me. The first problem is that
> the X11 headers aren't found, which can be overcome by adding
> -I/usr/X11R6/include to CCF in the Makefile.linux chunk in the
> toplevel Makefile.pamphlet.
>
> Now it fails with
>
>   Unrecoverable error: NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro invalid.

> Any idea?

See extensive discussion on axiom-developer email list:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK&;
submit=Search%21&idxname=axiom-developer&max=20&result=normal&sort=date%3Ala
te

The short story is that on the axiom-develop.org server you have to
reduce the MAXPAGE size to 128*256 or else upgrade to a newer version
of gcl-2.6.8pre.