[Axiom-developer] New Axiom Browser (was: build-improvements and latex)

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] New Axiom Browser (was: build-improvements and latex)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:15:19 -0400

On Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:51 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> Assume clifford.spad makes a reference to Integer. At least
> when the whole documentation is build I want to see that
> reference turned into a link to the definition of Integer.
> For that we still need some good convention of how pamphlets
> should look like. Hmm, maybe we are not at that stage ...

What *I* would like is some kind of updated version of the
Hyperdoc browser - probably using standard browser/local
webserver technology - that would allow external references
from the documentation. So we have such references embedded
in various places and/or generated automatically by something
that can parse SPAD/Aldor source code. Then while reading some
documentation or even a paper, a user can click on a link and
be immediately at the right place in Axiom.

The contents of this new Axiom Browser should be automatically
generated from alll the Axiom source distribution pamphlets.

If Axiom is not available locally, then such links should
automatically link to a standard remote website with similar
information. This should be possible with a little javascript
magic.