[Axiom-developer] Gold-Silver-Bronze

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Gold-Silver-Bronze
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:25:27 +0200

No, no, I think we all agree now. The confusion appeared because it is not really clear, what is meant, if somebody speaks of gold or silver. So to make it clear now.

*Gold*: The latest release of axiom--main--1--patch-??
*Silver* = *Gold-to-be* =https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/trunk

All the other branches like, for example, the build-improvements branch on sourceforge are experimental (a bronze thing, so to say).

I hope we all agree on that terminology.

Ralf

PS: Maybe it was just me who was confused. :-)

On 09/13/2006 01:09 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

| > in general, silver will be ahead of gold so there will be differences.
|
| This is where I don't agree.

I think Tim is right.  My understanding of silver and gold is that
silver will have patches *before* gold considers them.