[Axiom-developer] Re: Live CD for Conference (urgent)

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Live CD for Conference (urgent)
Date: 12 Sep 2006 09:23:50 +0200

Dear Alfredo,

"Alfredo Portes" <address@hidden> writes:

>   Sorry Martin, the latest version of the LiveCD uses Fedora, because it was
> the final goal to use Redhat software.  I have not had time to try to put
> MathAction on a Knoppix CD. I guess I should look into this. :(
>
>   Have you used the latest LiveCD ??? Do you have any particular reason to
> need the Knoppix one??? Let me know if there is any particular issue that you
> would like me to address.

No, I don't mind what system it is based on, I didn't know anything else but
Knoppix so far. I did not see the latest LiveCD, my computing powers here are
rather limited - I have to ask the computer group for everything. In fact, I
cannot even burn CD's... (But they will do it for me, of course)

> > IMPORTANT NOTE: the guessing package on MathAction is completely out of
> > date. I need the most recent version on the CD. Should I send you my
> > package with compilation instructions so that you can put it on the CD, or
> > should I do this myself somehow?
>

>   The process of creating the LiveCD is very straight forward (using the
> Fedora LiveCD).  Following the instructions, it should not take more than 45
> minutes to have a complete CD from scratch by using virtualization or a clean
> system.
>
>   If you send me the package, I would be more than glad to include it in the
> CD. I could also customize it so it appears on the menus and add the paper or
> poster that you are going to present. I can have this done by Wednesday night
> / Thursday morning.

Well, I need the image downloadable on friday. Is it sufficient if I send you
the package with instructions tomorrow evening? (i.e., european time evening, I
have no idea what time zone you live in :-)

Thanks a lot for your help,

Martin