Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements branch does not compile

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Silver build-improvements branch does not compile
Date: 01 Sep 2006 10:36:09 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| On 09/01/2006 04:46 PM, root wrote:
| >> cmpinclude.h: No such file or directory
| >> In file included from

/home/hemmecke/OTHER/Axiom/Silver/build-improvements/int/algebra/AHYP.NRLIB/AHYP.c:3:

/home/hemmecke/OTHER/Axiom/Silver/build-improvements/int/algebra/AHYP.NRLIB/AHYP.h:4:
| > cmpinclude.h is from GCL.
| > apparently the compile-file lisp call cannot find this include file.
| > did you build GCL or are you trying to use a pre-installed copy?
|
| I did not build GCL by hand, of course. Just said
|
| ./configure

As of today, when you say that, Axiom will look the build environment
to see whether GCL is present and try to use it.

I should probably put a version cut of on it -- say GCL 2.6.7.

But, even with that, there is a bug in GCL that needs to be fixed:
currently it does not seemt to the set the -I include directory switch
so that GCC can find its internal include file.

I'll try to work around that by modifying *CC*.

[...]

| How do I find out whether Axiom has built gcl or not?

Normaly, the message output by configure on the standard output should
tell you that Axiom will use the installed GCL.  You should have seen
something like

    checking for gcl... gcl

Say

  ./configure --without-gcl

to force Axiom to build its own copy of GCL.