RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Eitan Gurari
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:16:39 -0400

 > to significant, but I just did a few experiments using htlatex on
 >
 > http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/images/book--main--1/bookvol1.tex

I tried to compile the file for native dvi latex output and was
successful only after introducing the following disabling instructions.

     \let\spadfunFrom=\empty
     \def\spadgraph#1{}
     \let\nwfilename=\empty
     \long\def\nwbegincode#1\nwendcode{}
     \long\def\moddef#1\endmoddef{}

Not sure what is the reason, unless my axiom.sty is outdated.

 > :( htlatex indicates a large number of errors which I simply skipped
 > for this test.

A compilation under htlatex shows a support problem for
\begin{list}...\end{list}. I'll need to look into this case.

 > Running mzhtml on this file to generate MathML unfortunately results
 > in an improperly formatted XML file:
 >
 > http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/images/book--main--1/bookvol1m.xml

Quite a few problems resulting from sources similar to

    $$
    [{ \mbox{\rm Hue: } {22} \mbox{\rm Weight: } {1.0}} \mbox{\rm ] from
    the }
    Dark \mbox{\rm palette}
    $$

in which the fences [ and ] improperly set to take the form [...\mbox{]}.

 > The tex file is available here:
 >
 > http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/axiom--test--1/src/algebra/DhmatrixSpad

 > Finally mzlatex gives:
 >
 > http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/images/axiom--test--1/src/algebra/dhmatr
 > ix3.spad.xml
 >
 > unfortunately with another xml error message:

I detected the following 5 errors.

Extra line break \\ after tabular:

    \end{tabular}\\

    We will use point vectors, planes, and coordinate frames as variables

Three formulas similar to:

    ${^{HAND}{\bf tv}}_{\bf x}$

with implicit base for ^ (details at
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2005-10/msg00233.html).

An exponent on a left parenthesis:

   $${\bf Rot(k,\theta)} = {\bf Rot(^C{\bf z},\theta)}\eqno(1.60)$$

-eitan