[Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] Using Aldor or SPAD

From: Christian Aistleitner
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] Using Aldor or SPAD
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:58:06 +0200

Hello,

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 01:11:09 +0200, Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

On 08/19/2006 12:23 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| > It should be a mater of days or weeks to have a good front-end.
|
| Oh, really?

when you get a handful of motivated people, yes.

Maybe we should open up a Wiki and call for people on the FrontPage
similar to the FreeAldor link.

Bear in mind, that you are trying to rewrite an existing product.
IANAL and I do not know French/British/Canadian law.
But I have been reading several traits of US law (which I have been told to be not too different from Canadian law). According to my understanding of US law, someone who has seen Aldor source code cannot work on rewriting Aldor (without explicit permission by those who hold the rights of the Aldor source code). I am not sure, to what extend the US law situation is reflected by Canadian, French or British law. However, as (I guess) most of the ppl interested in Aldor, have seen the compiler's source code, they (probably) should not work on the reimplementation of it.

This is not some funny side remark of myself, but a real issue. Just think about the pain ReactOS is going through.

--
Kind regards,
Christian