RE: [Axiom-developer] Has anybody attempted to build Aldor+Axiomlately?

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Has anybody attempted to build Aldor+Axiomlately?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:13:04 -0400

On August 13, 2006 4:51 PM C Y wrote:

> Bill, sorry for being such a dork - I'm looking at AldorForAxiom,
> and I don't quite see why it's not letting me save the change. It
> looks like most of the links are using the "link text":http...
> method, so I'm not quite sure what it's objecting to.

Cliff, the problem is not you - it's those dork spam artists who
insist on abusing our web site... :(

The reason your edit to AldorForAxiom was being rejected is
because the page contained at least one (actually there were
several) occurrences of http:// Since the very aggressive link
spam attach of last week that actually caused the wiki software
to crash at one point, this common prefix for links has been
banned on Axiom Wiki. Unfortunately this applies to both any new
text you enter as well as any pre-existing source text on that
page.

You can still enter links however they must be written using
WebSite: instead of http://, for example do not write:

  http://abc.com/help.html

instead write:

  WebSite:abc.com/help.html

Right now this also applies to

  "link text":http://...

which must be written like this:

  "link text" WebSite:...

although I will try to make the banned_links more flexible to
allow the latter form.

The reason for all this is to make it unattractive for people
who run spam robots to target our website.

I have updated the text of AldorForAxiom to remove the http's
so now you should be able to edit it.

I am very sorry for the trouble. I need to think about some way
of making the reason for the rejection and the way to get around
it more obvious for people who want to post to the wiki.